To strengthen our Finance Department, with immediate effect or by appointment, we are looking for a
Finance Officer International Programmes (80%–100%)
- Provide high quality international programme accounting and financial accounting at Head Quarter level
- Provide professional advice, training and support for local Finance Managers on financial management and accounting issues
- Provide support to project budgeting and reporting and extend advice on compliance with donor requirements in financial management
- Review and comment on annual programme audits as well as extend support to periodical project audits
- Contribute to the further development of operational financial processes and tools at Head Quarter and in the field
- Work closely with the programme managers at the Head Quarter and communicate regularly with the local financial managers both orally and in writing. Undertake trips to the programme countries for controlling and training purposes if required
- Commercial certification with additional qualification in accounting, finance management or business administration
- Several years of professional experience in financial management and accounting, preferably in a non-profit organisation of international cooperation. Ideally, experience in the financial management of projects with a variety of international development agencies
- Fluent in German and English; Spanish and/or French is an advantage
- Advanced user skills in Excel and ideally familiar with the accounting systems Abacus and Banana
- You are goal-oriented in your thinking with ability to work in a multicultural environment, proactive, reliable, service-oriented and a fast learner
- An interesting, varied area of responsibility in a lively organisation with a lot of dynamism and power and an open culture
- Advanced employment conditions with options for remote work
- Attractive workplace in a central location in Zurich, Switzerland in freshly renovated, modern office premises
If you are interested in this challenging job in a motivated team, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please send your complete application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2021 at the latest. www.solidar.ch
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job vacancy: Regional Representative for Asia
Solidar Suisse is looking for a Regional Representative based in Hong Kong to coordinate its projects and partnerships in the area of ‘decent work’ across Asia and to manage its Regional Office in Hong Kong.
Solidar Suisse is a non-profit civil society organization based in Switzerland, active in the areas of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, which fights for decent work, democratic participation, and social justice worldwide. Solidar Suisse presently has over 60 projects running on four continents. Its Asia program, managed from a regional office in Hong Kong, focuses on ‘decent work’. Through its two major regional partners, the Asia Monitor Resource Network (AMRC) and the Mekong Migration Network (MMN), Solidar Suisse supports and implements projects together with a wide range of Asian grassroots civil society organizations, many of which are specialized in supporting and organizing marginalized workers in the informal sector, in particular migrant workers. Solidar Suisse also works through national organizations in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Solidar Suisse is supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and its projects in Asia are supported by the Laudes Foundation, among others. Please see https://solidar.ch/en for more information about Solidar Suisse.
The Regional Representative, based in Hong Kong, works under the direct supervision of the Asia Desk Officer at Solidar Suisse headquarter in Zurich, Switzerland. The position requires a full-time engagement (5 days, 40 hours per week).
Reports to: Desk Officer Asia (based in Zurich, Switzerland)
Job location: Hong Kong, SAR China
Salary: Local NGO rate subject to qualifications and experience
Start date: preferably 1 September 2021 (negotiable, but asap)
Contract duration: Not limited. Three-month probation period
Purpose of the Position and Main Responsibilities:
- Manage the Solidar Suisse Regional Office for Asia, based in Hong Kong, and the Asia team comprised of six staff members located in different countries across Asia.
- Represent Solidar Suisse in Hong Kong as well as in Asia in general towards local and regional authorities and organizations, civil society organisations, trade unions, private sector actors, international donors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the partnerships and projects running under the Solidar Suisse Asia programme; guide and support Solidar Suisse partners in the implementation of agreed projects or programmes; monitor the progress of these projects or programmes and ensure regular, timely and high-quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting according to the budgets and results frameworks and ensure the coordination between regional or national project implementation partners and Solidar Suisse Hong Kong.
- Monitor and report on the relevant developments in the ‘world of work’ and with regard to ‘decent work’ in the countries of operation in particular and in Asia in general.
- Participate in research, organising, strategy and knowledge development and internal capacity building workshops as well as public events of project implementation partners.
- Support external communication activities as well as advocacy activities carried out by the project implementation partners and Solidar Suisse.
- Contribute to the development of new projects and the writing of funding proposals and assist in identifying new funding opportunities and building relations with the international donor community.
- Contribute to the further development of the Asia strategy of Solidar Suisse as well es to the overall strategy of the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as development studies, labour studies, migration studies, gender studies, environmental studies, international relations, law, etc.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in planning, managing, and developing new projects in the field of ‘decent work’, trade unions, human rights, child/forced labour or migration.
- Management and leadership experience in a national, regional, or international NGO and proven experience in organizational and strategic not-for-profit development.
- Proven financial literacy/experience.
- Strong leadership qualities combined with the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience in managing staff located in other countries remotely and ability to work in a multicultural and politically sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Experience in and sensitivity for gender issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in speaking and excellent writing skills in English and strong public speaking skills.
- Experience in proposal writing (in English).
- Proven computer literacy (Office365, SharePoint).
- Ability and willingness to frequent travelling across Asia.
- Commitment to the values of Solidar Suisse and in particular to improving labour conditions.
- Existing network in the CSO sector in Asia, in particular in the areas of decent work, OSH, migration, gender and related areas.
- Speaking and writing skills languages used in the countries of operation (Khmer, Bahasa Indonesia or Malaysia, Bengali, Cantonese) or other Asian languages.
- Experience in working for or with Trade Union Solidarity Support Organisations.
- Experience in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) / responsible value chains.
- Skills and experience in the area of media and communication, including social media.
Potential candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to send their CV, along with a motivation letter, contacts of two referees of previous line managers, writing samples in English and/or samples of published work to the following e-mail: email@example.com by 31 July 2021. Please mention “Regional Representative Asia” in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be carried out virtually on 11 and 12 August 2021.
Specific questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org (on leave from 16 July to 9 August).